We’re redefining the dining experience by building a world class mobile ordering and delivery platform. We are building a two sided marketplace that is helping small businesses grow and acquire new customers while also bringing concierge level convenience to thousands of consumers.
If you like finding creative solutions to complex problems and have a good sense of humor, you came to the right place. Learn more about the Product and Engineering team here: https://waitrapp.com/careers/product-engineering
Now, onto the role of a Sr. Backend Engineer. Our highly-caffeinated Engineering Team builds the framework of the Waitr experience one line of code at a time. They maintain all our products, collect data, measure impact, build new features, release improvements, and vet new products to improve our services.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- You’ll be maintaining and building new microservices in node.js
- You’ll build and automate test plans that provide > 90% test coverage on test services.
- You’ll document services and automate generation of client SDKs with Swagger.
- You’ll provision new AWS infrastructure and maintain existing infrastructure with Terraform modules.
- You’ll contribute to the continued evolution of Waitr’s technical stack.
We're looking for someone who:
- has several years of experience building highly available backend services that can handle millions of users.
- has hands-on experience in software engineering and you are up-to-date on best practices.
- is excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- loves helping mentor fellow engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- has experience with one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- has experience writing well tested, clean code and building CI/CD pipelines to deliver solutions as quickly as possible.
Bonus points if you:
- have production experience with machine learning algorithms.
- have production experience with engineering streaming data pipelines for offline analytics.
Is it worth it? Let us perk it.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re reinventing the dining experience.
- We support and encourage continual learning through sponsoring conference attendance and ongoing learning subscriptions.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun work environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Nine paid company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Standard issue latest generation Macbook Pro (or an equivalent substitute of your choice.)
- Building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an important part of the culture at Waitr. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Get ready to do the best work of your life here at Waitr!
Getting down to brass tax:
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.